Thursday, April 29, 2010
Dulce de Leche Bars
Nonstick cooking spray
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted (1 1/2 Sticks)
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 7.5 ounce jar marshmallow fluff
1 13.4 ounce can dulce de leche
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, coconut, and pecans; stir to combine.
3. Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter. Add eggs one at a time; stirring after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour butter mixture into the flour mixture; stir until just combined. Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Immediately remove bars from oven and spread with marshmallow fluff. Drop teaspoons of dulce de leche on top of marshmallow and swirl with a knife.
5. Cool completely and refrigerate until chilled; cut and serve.
Makes 24 bars. Can also be eaten warm with ice cream.