Sunday, May 30, 2010
Betty Crocker Carrot Cake-Oatmeal Cookies
Carrot Cake is one of my favorite things to eat! I am always looking for a unique spin on this DELICIOUS dessert! These cookies are probably one of my favorite cookies of ALL time! If you like carrot cake, you MUST give these a try!!!!!!!
Ingredients for the Cookies
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup grated carrots (the smaller and dryer the better, I put mine in a Cuisinart then squeeze all the water out of the carrots)
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for the Frosting
4 ounces (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces powdered sugar (1/2 of a 16 ounce box)
1/4 cup finely chopped nuts, if desired
Directions for the Cookies
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie ingredients until stiff dough forms.
2. On ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Directions for the Frosting
1. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, the vanilla and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
2. Spread frosting over cookies. Sprinkle with nuts (if desired).