Saturday, August 14, 2010
AOC Fish Tacos
So i have been hearing about how delicious these fish tacos are about a month now! Since I have finally had them, lets just say, I haven't stopped thinking about them! They are some of the most amazing things I have EVER eaten! Even if you don't like fish try making this with chicken. Easily one of my favorite foods now! SSSSOOOOO GGGGGOOOODDDDDDD!!!
Ingredients for Batter and Frying Fish (enough for about 3 pounds of fish)
1 egg, separated
Dash of Sriracha (Rooster) Hot Chili Sauce sauce
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup beer or ale
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon melted butter
Halibut, or any other white fish
Ingredients for Taco
Corn tortillas, or flour if that is all you can find
Salsa (your favorite kind)
White shredded cabbage
Green onion, chopped
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup sour cream
Mexican shredded cheese
Directions for Batter and Frying Fish
1. Beat egg yolk (saving the white for later), beer, and dash of chili sauce until well blended.
2. Combine flour, salt, and paprika. Gradually stir into beer-egg mixture. Continue to stir until batter is smooth. Stir in melted butter.
3. Beat egg white until light and fluffy but with stiff peaks. Fold into batter.
4. Heat oil in pan. Place newspaper or paper towels on a plate (used for draining excess oil off of the cooked fish).
5. Dip fish into the batter. Place in the heated oil and fry each side for about four minutes (the fish pieces will be golden brown).
6. Drain on the newspaper or paper towels and sprinkle with salt while it is still hot.
Directions for Assembly
1. Combine the mayonnaise and sour cream. Add a decent amount of salt (to taste).
2. Place a warm flour tortilla on a plate. Add the sour cream mixture. Add a piece of fish. Top first with cabbage.
3. Add cilantro, green onion, cheese, and salsa. INDULGE!