Sunday, August 8, 2010
Rosemary Pork Roast
I LOVE meat. While I was at my mom's house this summer, my step dad made this unbelievable pork roast. Super simple and super tasty.
1. Combine the rosemary, thyme, and oregano (use as much as you like based on your taste).
2. Rub the pork roast with olive oil. Add the spice mixture to the top.
3. Place the meat in a glass baking dish on a rolled up piece of tin foil (rolled like a hotdog; this keeps the meat out of all the extra juices).
3. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 250 degrees and cooke until the temperature on a meat thermometer equals about 150 degrees.
4. Remove the pork from the oven, and cover with tin foil and let rest for 10 minutes. The meat will continue to cook even after being removed from the oven and raise the temperature of the meat to 155 degrees (155 degrees for pork = medium rare).