Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cinnamon Roll Cookies


I have been dying to make cinnamon roll cookies for quite some time. While I was looking for some new recipes, I came across a cinnamon roll cookie recipe that I just couldn't resist. This recipe was not your average cinnamon roll cookie; the dough was a cross between a sugar cookie and a real cinnamon roll. These are puffy, full of flavor, and even scrumptious without frosting. Just think: no yeast, less time, and just as delicious. This might be my new favorite cookie!

Ps. I apologize for my lack of pictures lately. I got a new phone, and the camera on it SUCKS! I never have my camera with me but I will be better about it, I promise. Get ready tomorrow for another AWESOME post. It might be my new favorite dessert. Can't wait to share it with you.

Ingredients for Dough
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream
2 cups flour (maybe extra if your dough is too sticky)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
Dash of salt

Ingredients for Assembly
1/3 cup butter, softened, divided into 2 tablespoons
1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided into 1/4 cup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided into 1/4 teaspoon
1/2 cup chopped nuts, divided into 1/4 cup

Ingredients for Frosting
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions for Dough
1. In an electric or stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter together.
2. Add the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream until well combined.
3. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined. If your dough seems too sticky, add a little more flour until it is workable.
4. Make into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Directions for Assembly
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Break the disk in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch X 5 inch rectangle on a piece of floured plastic wrap.
3. Spread each rolled piece of dough with 2 tablespoons of softened butter, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.


4. Start rolling the dough the long ways to make a log shape.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut 1/2 inch pieces of dough. Place on the parchment paper. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.

Directions for Frosting
1. Cream together the butter and cream cheese.
2. Add in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Add the frosting to the cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Looks Wonderful !!! Thank You For Sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest