As you know, I LOVE oatmeal cookies. These are no exception. My mom has been baking these oatmeal raisin cookies for years and gets ravs from everyone each time she makes them.
This is a tried and true recipe that will never do you wrong. So old fashioned and delicious! A staple in my cookie recipe repertoire.
1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker oats
1 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until creamy.
2. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
4. Add oats and raisins. Mix well.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls unto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes.