Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Homemade Cheez-Its (Or Mini Cheese Biscuits)


I accidently bought sharp cheddar cheese at the grocery store and I am definitely not a fan. It is too strong for me. So I found this recipe for homemade Cheez-Its that would use up some of my sharp cheddar cheese. These turned out UNBELIEVABLE. I cooked mine a so they weren't crunchy, which is why I call them a mini cheese biscuit.

If you make them crispy, they will be just as good the next day. If they are softer like a biscuit, I think these are much better somewhat warm and fresh.

They are SO SO good! I could not stop eating them! Cation: You might become addicted to these upon the first bite.

Ingredients
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
about 1/4 cup cold water

Directions
1. Cream together the cheese, butter, and salt.
2. Add the flour until the mixture looks like little pebbles.
3. Add the water, a little at a time, until the dough begins to come together.
4. Form the dough into a disk shape and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6. Place flour on the counter. Roll the dough out to 1/8" thick sheet and cut into squares. Poke the center with a fork or chopstick.
7. Bake for 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest