Monday, August 6, 2012

Perfect Chicken



Pinterest is fantastic as I am sure that you all know! I saw this recipe for the perfect chicken and have made it several times. I use it for everything:  soups, salads, pasta, plain, etc... It cooks perfectly every time. I got it from The Recipe Crayon Box. Check out her blog. It is super cute!

Ingredients
2-4 boneless chicken breasts with or without rib meat
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. paprika
2-3 T. olive oil

Directions
1. Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl (I use my old 1/4 cup). 
2. Coat the chicken breasts in the seasoning, rubbing in to coat. Pour olive oil in the bottom of a Dutch oven, and heat to med-high. When nice and hot, add chicken to the pan (in batches if necessary). Cook 2-3 min per side. 
3. If any chicken has been removed, add it back to the Dutch oven. Place uncovered Dutch oven in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Let sit on a plate 5-10 minutes before cutting, shredding, or eating.

2 comments:

  1. It would be awesome if you gave a little credit to the original author :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just gave you credit. Sorry, I am the absolute worst at that. This is mainly just my portable cookbook that I can have anywhere I go (with little reminders about how much I liked certain things) and when friends ask me for recipes, I can send them here. Somehow pinterest has gotten more people interested, which is great, but I definitely need to do better at that. Thanks for the GREAT recipe!

      Delete

Pinterest