Wednesday, October 24, 2012
THE BEST Pumpkin Bread EVER
I LOVE pumpkin bread. Starbucks makes on of my favorites but for some reason the copycat recipes don't do it for me. I always thought that pumpkin bread needed chocolate chips (with exception of the Starbucks pumpkin bread) to make it over the top delicious. This bread was SO good, I actually liked it better without chocolate chips. Crazy huh? Seriously, this could not be easier, could not taste better, and to say my family and I are obsessed with this bread, would be an understatement!
3 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2/3 cup water
1 cup chocolate chips, if desired (I prefer it without)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until well incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the pumpkin and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Alternated adding the dry ingredients with the water. Mix until incorporated.
5. Pour into 3 large greased bread pans. Baked at 325 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.