Monday, February 4, 2013
Butter Brickle Frozen Delight
This dessert is SO good and SO rich. I have zero problem eating things that are ridiculously rich. There are so many ways to vary this dessert as well. I did some with a jam filling instead of a caramel filling. Heaven! Above is my son digging into a one of the mini ones that I made. He LOVED it!
1 prepared graham cracker crust
1 cup flour
3/4 cup quick cooking oats (if you only have old fashioned, pulse them in a blender for a few seconds)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (I used homemade)
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (12 ounce) jar caramel topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, and pecans until well mixed. Lightly pat onto a baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes, until light brown. Crumble while still hot and cool completely.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in condensed milk until well blended. Fold in whipped topping.
4. Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over the crust in a springform pan. Sprinkle half of the oat crumbles over the cream cheese mixture. Top with half of the caramel sauce. Repeat layers.
5. Freeze until firm. Remove pan sides and serve cold.