Monday, September 16, 2013

El Torito/Chi Chi's Copy Cat Sweet Corn Bread

Normally, I use the El Torito Sweet Corn Cake Mix; but, with our recent move, our local grocery stores do not carry it. I seriously almost cried! I remember the first time that I had the El Torito Sweet Corn Cake Mix. Talk about LIFE CHANGING! I practically ate the entire pan and licked it clean. Receiving a recipe such as this becomes a catch 22. You are so happy that you have something so delicious, but so frustrated that you cannot stop eating it, or making it for that matter. That stuff is like heaven once it comes out of the oven and it couldn't be easier. You can see why I was so distraught with my grocery store not carrying that mix.

So, I went on a search for something similar. I found this recipe from Dinner with Johnny and boy was I glad I did! Honestly, I am seriously obsessed with this stuff. It is my all time favorite corn bread! No question!

Serve in soup, as a side dish, as a dessert, plain, with honey, etc...

Ingredients
1 7 to 9 ounce package of cornbread mix (I prefer box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup water
1 15-ounce can creamed corn

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
3. Place in a bread pan.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean (you want it to be gooey and not totally cooked through).
5. Scoop out the corn bread with an ice cream scoop while everything is still hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest