Wednesday, October 24, 2012

THE BEST Pumpkin Bread EVER


I LOVE pumpkin bread. Starbucks makes on of my favorites but for some reason the copycat recipes don't do it for me. I always thought that pumpkin bread needed chocolate chips (with exception of the Starbucks pumpkin bread) to make it over the top delicious. This bread was SO good, I actually liked it better without chocolate chips. Crazy huh? Seriously, this could not be easier, could not taste better, and to say my family and I are obsessed with this bread, would be an understatement!

Ingredients
3 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
4 eggs
1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2/3 cup water
1 cup chocolate chips, if desired (I prefer it without)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until well incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the pumpkin and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Alternated adding the dry ingredients with the water. Mix until incorporated.
5. Pour into 3 large greased bread pans. Baked at 325 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest