Friday, April 30, 2010
Even better than the ones at the mall!
3 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 ⅛ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups warm water
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup bread flour
2 cups warm water
2 tablespoon baking soda
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast, brown sugar, and salt in 1 1/2 cups warm water.
2. Stir in flour, and knead dough on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
3. Place in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover, and let rise for one hour.
4. Combine 2 cups warm water and baking soda in an 8 inch square pan.
5. After dough has risen, roll dough into bit size pieces.
6. Dip the rolled dough into the baking soda mixture.
7. Place on parchment covered cookie sheets, and let rise 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Bake at 450 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Brush with melted butter, and sprinkle with coarse salt, garlic salt, or cinnamon sugar.