Sunday, May 9, 2010
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
We have always been scared of making a lava cake but these are basically fool proof! You can even make them the night before. Just cover them and put in the fridge; remove 2 hours before cooking to bring back to room temperature.
8 ounces semisweet or milk chocolate bars
1 cup unsalted butter
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1. Melt chocolate and butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring until smooth.
2. Remove from heat and cool.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine 4 eggs, 4 egg yolks, sugar, and salt beating on high for 5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
4. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
5. Sift flour over batter and fold the flower into the batter to blend.
6. Spoon cake batter into buttered custard cups.
7. Place the cakes into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
9. Top with ice cream and whipped cream for garnish.