Sunday, May 9, 2010
For those of you who need a little something extra in your cheesecake, this could be exactly what you are looking for. Simple, tasty, and a hit for any occasion!
1 1/2 Cups Chocoalate Graham-Craker Crumbs
3/4 Stick Unsalted Butter, Melted
1/8 Cup Packed Golden Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Tsp. Vanilla
3 (8-ounce) Packages Cream Cheese, Softened to Room Temperature
1 Cup Sugar, Sifted
1 Cup Sour Cream
4 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Cup Crushed Butterfinger Bars
1/4 Cup Crushed Butterfinger Bars
5 Ounces Semisweet Chocolate
5 Ounces Heavy Cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter 9-inch spring-form pan.
3. Blend graham-cracker crumbs, butter, brown sugar, and 1 tsp. vanilla until moist.
4. Press onto bottom and 2 inches up the sides of the pan.
5. For filling beat cream cheese, sugar, and 2 Tbsp. vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
6. Beat in sour cream.
7. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
8. Add 1 1/2 cups crushed butterfingers.
9. Pour into pan and bake about 1 hour until golden on top, cracked on edges, and set a little in the center.
10. Transfer to rack and let cool.
11. Meanwhile, coarsely chop chocolate and place in medium bowl.
12. Heat cream until it begins to boil and then pour it over the chocolate.
13. Let sit 1 minute and then stir in until smooth.
14. Take 1/3 of the mixture and put into a plastic zip lock bag.
15. Put the remaining 2/3 in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to thicken.
16. remove and spread over cake and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup butterfingers over the glaze.