Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip
Have you ever tried a hot artichoke dip at a restaurant and always wanted to give it a go at home? You are in luck! My mom sent us this recipe and WOW was it good! Between the two of us, we almost ate half of the whole pan! DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! We cannot tell you enough ... you have got to give this recipe a go!
Ingredients for Dip
1 8 ounce cream cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
2 cans (14 oz. each) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
5 cups fresh spinach (it seems like a lot but it really isn't)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon dill weed
Ingredients for Chips
1/4 - 1/2 cup oil
Directions for Dip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 cup parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts, garlic, and dill weed in a boil.
3. Place 1/4 cup water into the bottom of a pan. Place the spinach in the pan and cover. Cook on medium heat until the spinach wilts and drastically shrinks in size. Add to the mixture and combine.
4. Put mixture into an 8-inch round cake pan.
5. Top with the remaining parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
Directions for Chips
1. Place a paper towel on a plate. Cut the tortillas into sixteenths (or however big you want the pieces) like a pizza.
2. Fill the pan with oil until the bottom is completely covered. Heat oil in pan until you can place the tip of a tortilla into the oil and it bubbles.
2. Place about 10 tortilla pieces into the oil at a time until golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain the excess oil off. Salt if desired.