Wednesday, May 5, 2010
This is a dish that is sure to impress. Talk about easy gourmet. If you like potatoes, cheese, and cream, then you will LOVE this simple recipe!
6 good size potatoes
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Peal and cut raw potatoes about 1/8 inch thick. Place the sliced potatoes in a pot. Cover with heavy whipping cream until potatoes are just covered. Add a pinch of nutmeg and salt and pepper; stir.
3. Heat on medium-high heat until potatoes are slightly softened (do not cook all the way because the potatoes will continue to cook in the oven).
4. Pour potato and cream mixture into a casserole dish and place in preheated oven until potatoes are almost cooked (about 10-20 minutes).
5. Add grated parmesan (or any other cheese that you prefer). Cook for another 10 minutes until potatoes are fully cooked. (Raise temperature to 450 for the last 10 minutes if you want a golden-brown cheese topping)
6. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.