Friday, May 21, 2010
This is another great staple for any recipe collection. A must have for those days you want those cookies your grandma used to make for you (my grandma would always make us Snickerdoodles).
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar. Add the eggs and mix.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the sugar and egg mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
5. Form dough into balls about 1 1/2 inches big.
6. Roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until all sides are covered. Place on a pan about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes (these will puff up and then flatten out when they begin to cool).