Thursday, June 3, 2010
Apple crisps are such a comfort food. With this recipe, you now FINALLY have an apple crisp recipe that everyone will love just as much as you do! I like to do individual serving sizes by using jumbo muffin tins or ramequins. I also like tons of streusel so if you don't like as much just reduce that portion of it.
Ingredients for Apple Portion
3 medium apples (whatever kind you have works)
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon (more or less to taste)
4 tablespoons sugar
Ingredients for Streusel
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup water
Directions for Apple Portion
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter the bottom of your muffin tins or ramequins.
2. Pee, core, and slice the apples. Mix them with the cinnamon and sugar. Place in bottom of the buttered muffin tins or ramequins.
Directions for Streusel
1. Mix together all the ingredients except water. Spoon the streusel into the cups (I like to pack it in).
2. Drizzel some water on the top of each cup. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the apples are soft but not mushy.
3. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.