Thursday, June 24, 2010
I LOVE crepes! They are so versatile and delicious no matter how you serve them! This is the best crepe recipe that i have tried to date. It turns out perfectly every time. Use your creativity to originate your own fillings (nutella, jam, chicken, syrup, etc...) This recipe makes about five or six crepes depending on how big they are.
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoon butter, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (do not add if you are making savory crepes)
1. Combine all of the ingredients and mix well (until all the lumps are gone).
2. Pour vegetable oil on a folded paper towel, and wipe the pan evenly. (Keep the paper towel at hand while preparing crepes, in case you want to give the pan another wipe)
3. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter and quickly move the pan around, so that the batter spreads evenly, covering the whole surface with a thin layer (I use a crepe pan but you can use a smaller pan and it will work just fine).
4. Let cook for about 1 minute. Then, flip with a nonmetal spatula, and cook the other side for about 30 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you are out of batter, stacking the cooked crepes on a plate.