Thursday, June 24, 2010

Muddy Buddy (Puppy Chow)


This is one of my step-brothers all time favorite desserts. Every time I go visit Washington he asks me to make it for him. Unfortunately, I cannot resist them either. A great snack or dessert. I changed up the recipe a little bit because I like each square fully coated and a little extra peanut butter.

Ingredients
9 Cups Corn Chex, Rice Chex, or Wheat Chex cereal (or a combination)
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
3/8 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar

Directions
1. Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In a medium-size pan, melt the butter on the stove. Add the chocolate chips; continue stirring until melted. Add the peanut butter until well incorporated. Remove from heat.
3. Add the vanilla and stir. Pour over the large bowl of cereal. Stir until each piece is evenly coated (I like to use my hands rather than a spoon)
4. Add powdered sugar and continue mixing until everything is fully coated in the powdered sugar. Spread out on wax paper to cool completely.
5. Serve in a bowl and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest