Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Mexican Chili Dip
This is one of my favorite appetizers. People will go crazy for it. If you have a large group you might want to make more than one because it will go fast! So simple, yet loaded with flavor! There are only four ingredients in this wonderful dish and each ingredient is fairly cheap. Very inexpensive but a great addition to any meal! It can even be assembled the night before to save time.
1 - 8 ounce Philadelphia cream cheese (normally I am not picky about brands but you have to get Philadelphia cream cheese for this recipe. Also, DO NOT get low fat or fat free; it will not cook the same.
1 can Hormel all meat no beans chili
2 cups mexican 4 cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread cream cheese in bottom of a baking dish (any size will work).
3. Spread Hormel all meat, no beans chili over cream cheese.
4. Sprinkle with mexican cheese.
5. Bake for 20 minutes (until the cheese is bubbly). Serve with tortilla chips (I like Fritos and Tortilla Scoops).