Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Granola is so versatile. You can eat it as cereal, put it on yogurt, put it on ice cream, eat it straight, etc.. This is some of the most delicious granola that you will ever taste and the best part is, you can control what goes in it! Make it your own and enjoy!
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (obviously not in the shell)
1/4 cup dry milk
1 cup nuts (any kind you like)
1 - 2 cups raisins (or any other dried fruit)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the oats, coconut, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, dry milk, and nuts on a baking sheet (with edges).
3. In a microwaves safe container, heat the oil, honey, and cinnamon for about 30 seconds until well blended and smooth enough to pour.
4. Pour over the dried mixture. Bake for 30 minutes; stirring after about 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and stir in 1 cup raisins while hot. Cool and enjoy!