Monday, August 2, 2010
Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cookies
After looking for a good new cookie recipe on countless baking blogs, I came across these brownie cookies on My Baking Addiction. I jazzed them up a little bit and thought to add Peanut Butter Cups. They were outstanding! Brownies in a cookie! How could you go wrong?
1 1/3 cups bittersweet chocolate
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour (add a tablespoon or two more if the batter is too runny to make a cookie)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a double broiler (or a heatproof bowl and set it over a saucepan of barely simmering water, be sure the bowl doesn't touch the water), until completely melted and smooth (it will not be like a ganache, just melted and smooth).
3. In the meantime, stir together the eggs, vanilla, and sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
5. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and stir until well until combined and smooth.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients, folding them into the batter. Once all the flower is incorporated, stir in the chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups.
6. Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are firm on the outside and begin to look like brownies. Do not over bake! Leave to cool completely on the baking sheets.