Monday, August 2, 2010
Well, it was Taco Night at the neighbors and we were in charge of dessert. Heather, one of my friends, was over and brought this UNBELIEVABLE recipe. You have got to give his one a try! Whether you chose to do cranberries and orange zest or blueberries and lemon zest, you CANNOT go wrong. Trust me, if you are looking for a new dessert recipe, you have found it! Just an FYI: There really are NO eggs in this recipe, that is not a typo.
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon grate lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 5/8 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dried blueberries
3/4 sweetened coconut flakes
1. In a large bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla until smooth.
2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, stir to mix, then beat on low speed until dough comes together (about 5 minutes).
3. Mix in dried blueberries and coconut.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls (you must use force so they do not crumble) and place about 2 inches apart on buttered baking sheets. Press down in the center gently (not making the dough crack).
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven until cookie edges just begin to brown, about 11-15 minutes (shorter baking time will yield a chewier cookie; longer baking time will yield a crispier cookie).
6. Let cookies completely cool on cookies sheet (so they do not crumble apart) before removing them.
My family and everyone else at the Taco Night fell IN LOVE with these cookies. I'm telling you, give them a try!!! Enjoy for breakfast or dessert.