I promised that I would blog the recipes my sister-in-law made while I was living with her as soon as she gave them to me. These are absolutely delicious and couldn't be easier. This is the first of many delicious recipes to come!
Ingredients for the Filling
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 - 3 ounce packages, softened cream cheese (or 3/4 of an 8 ounce package)
2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cubed
1/2 small onion, chopped
Ingredients for the Crust
2/3 cup seasoned croutons, crushed (I crush then in a bag with a rolling pin)
1/2 cup finely crushed walnuts or pecans
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cans crescent rolls
Directions for the Filling
1. Combine all the ingredients together; set aside.
Directions for the Crust and Assembly
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together the crushed croutons and walnuts or pecans.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll the crescents into thin squares (if you put two crescents together, you have a rectangle that needs to be rolled into a thin square).
4. Place a heaping dollop of the filling in the center of each square. Roll up into a ball (making sure that the filling is completely covered).
5. Dip the balls into the melted butter. Roll into the crushed croutons and walnuts or pecans.
6. Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish (about 1 inch apart) and bake for 20-25 minutes (until the dough is cooked all the way through).