I love cinnamon roll desserts: cinnamon roll cookies, cinnamon rolls, and now cinnamon roll popcorn! My husband couldn't stop telling me how great this popcorn was after he tried it. This recipe was simple, required barely any clean up, and tasted impeccable. If you like cinnamon rolls and caramel corn, you will absolutely love this recipe!
This would also be a great snack to have around the house for the holidays because adults and kids will both love it!
1 bag popped popcorn, popped
1 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick butter
1/4 cup karo syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 bag white chocolate appeals (or white chocolate chips if you prefer)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Place the popcorn (make sure there are NO kernels) and chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside (use a BIG bowl because it gets messy when you stir).
3. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a large microwave safe bowl. Mix well. Chop butter into chunks and place on top of the sugar mixture. Pour corn syrup over the top of everything.
4. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir to combine. Return to the microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir and then microwave one last time for 2 more minutes (mixture will bubble a TON and if your bowl is too small you will have a large mess in the microwave).
5. Add vanilla and baking soda. Stir to combine.
6. Pour over popcorn and pecans and stir (I let it cool slightly so I can mix it with my hands. Spatulas don't seem to do it for me). Stir until everything is well combined (I stirred it for about 5 minutes with my hands).
7. Spread popcorn mixture onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
8. Place the parchment paper with the popcorn on top on the counter to cool.
9. Meanwhile, melt the white chocolate appeals (microwave about 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds) and drizzle over the popcorn mixture (I put some on a spatula and drizzled with that because it does not pour to well).
10. When the white chocolate is hardened and the popcorn is cool, break into chunks and serve.