Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup (Crock Pot Version)


Every time that I go to Olive Garden, I get the exact same thing: pasta e fagioli soup. If you have not tried this soup at Olive Garden, you have got to give it a try (well until today since you can make it on your own now). It is SO delicious!

I have finally found a recipe that is super simple and tastes just like the soup at Olive Garden. Who even needs Olive Garden now? You all know how much I LOVE my slow cooker, and now I can make one of my favorite soups in it! What a great discovery this was! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

Note: The noodles will continue to cook even after you turn off the stove. If you are not eating all of the soup immediately, I would cook the pasta in a separate pot, and add the cooked pasta to each bowl of soup individually.

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
5 carrots, chopped (I used 1/2 small bag of baby carrots)
4 stalks celery, chopped
1 - 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 - 16 ounce can red kidney beans, drained
1 -16 ounce white kidney beans, drained
1 - 14.5 ounce can of beef stock
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 - 10 ounce jar spaghetti sauce (just estimate if you have a jar that has more sauce than that)
4 ounces pasta (estimate if your box has more than 4 ounces in it)
Salt and (extra) pepper to taste

Directions
1. Brown beef in a skillet. Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot.
2. Add everything to the crock pot except the pasta.


3. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours. During the last 20 minutes on high or 35 minutes on low, add pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest