Monday, December 6, 2010

Turkey Pot Pie Over Rice


Sorry I have not posted anything in so long. I just recently moved and it has been crazy packing, unpacking, finding a house, etc... Not to mention we were living with my husband's sister and she made dinner for us EVERY night so I haven't been cooking or baking much! The food she made was INCREDIBLE; once she sends me the recipes, I will blog about all of them! Needless to say I am almost settled in and thought that I would post a few recent recipes.

I had some leftover turkey and decided to do a spin on a chicken pot pie. This was delicious! If you don't have any turkey, just use cooked chicken. You really cannot go wrong with this recipe! It makes great leftovers too!

Ingredients
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
4 cups chicken broth
1/3 - 2/3 cup onion, chopped
2 cups cooked turkey, chopped into bite sized pieces
1-2 cups frozen vegetables (depending on hearty you want it)
Salt and pepper to taste
Rice, cooked

Directions
1. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk together. Cook until it begins to brown (about 2-4 minutes).
2. Slowly add the chicken broth, whisking the entire time to ensure that there are no lumps. Bring to a boil and cook just below your desired thickness (about 15-20 minutes).


3. Add the onion, turkey, and frozen vegetables. Cook for about 5-10 minutes (so the flavors can meld together) and to your desired thickness.


4. Serve over cooked rice.

1 comment:

Pinterest