Monday, December 6, 2010

Turkey Salad Sandwich


I have an unreal amount of leftover turkey because I bought a 17 pound turkey for my husband and I. It was a great deal after Thanksgiving and they were all about that size so I thought it was normal (this was my first year buying a turkey and clearly was unsure of how much turkey people eat). I guess I just get to keep being creative with the leftover turkey.

If you like chicken salad, you will LOVE this turkey salad recipe. I am not going to give you exact measurements because it is all to your taste. Some people like more onion, salt, mayo, etc... Either way you CANNOT go wrong with this one. You would really have to work hard to screw it up haha. Once again, if you do not have turkey, just use cooked chicken.

Ingredients for Turkey Salad
Onion, chopped
Celery, chopped
Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
Cooked turkey, chopped
Cranberries
Salt and pepper to taste

Ingredients for Sandwich
Rolls
Cheese, sliced
Lettuce
Tomato

Directions
1. Mix all ingredients together for the turkey salad together.
2. Place cheese, lettuce, and tomato on one side of the roll. Add the chicken salad to the other. Put the sandwich together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest