First of all, is this little one not adorable?! She is holding the fruit pizza she made :).
Anyways, I was craving a fruit pizza and decided to make them in individual sizes. Everyone can make their own and top it with their favorite fruits. This recipe is great for kids.
These cookies were absolutely delicious. And because they have fruit on them, that makes them sort of healthy. Right?
The cookies are the perfect texture. The filling is sweet. And the fruit makes it all come together perfectly. I am drooling just thinking about them!
Ingredients for the Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the Filling
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 - 1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Ingredients for the Topping
Fruit of your choice, chopped
Directions for the Sugar Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, cream butter until soft. Beat in sugar, egg, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla.
4. Stir in the flour mixture.
5. Refrigerate until well chilled (overnight is best but at least a few hours).
6. Roll out dough on floured surface and cut into shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Directions for the Filling
1. Combine all ingredients until well blended and the sugar is no longer grainy.
Directions for Assembly
1. Allow cookies to cool completely.
2. Spread filling over the cookie.
3. Top with small fruit pieces of your choice.