Monday, January 3, 2011

Sour Cream Chicken


Last year when I was having Sunday dinner with a friend, her grandma made this sour cream chicken. It was so tasty; I had 3 or 4 servings! Of course I had to get the recipe.

Tonight, I finally made it for my husband for the first time, and he loved it! You can serve this over rice (like I did), eat it plain, or serve it with your favorite salad. This recipe is so simple, very few ingredients, and everyone will think you spent way more time on this dish than you really did.

Normally there is more sauce with this but I ran out of sour cream. That is why there is not as much sauce in this picture.

Ingredients
4 tablespoons butter, divided
4 large chicken breasts, thawed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1/2 sleeve ritz (or other cracker you like), crushed

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter. Place the chicken in the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish and coat with about 2 tablespoons butter. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place sour cream over the chicken. Top with the crushed crackers. Drizzle with the remaining melted butter.
4. Bake for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest