Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chocolate and Coconut Lace Cookies


This morning I was sick and laying in bed watching Food Network. I saw Giada making this cookie. I decided that I need to put it on my list of things to make (you can only imagine how long this list is). There is nothing like the present, and I already made them!

This was the first time that I have ever made a lace cookie. I prefer big fluffy cookies but decided to give them a try. They were DELICIOUS! I cannot stop eating them. I know I always say that everything is super easy, but really, these could not be any easier! If you like caramel-type things, you need to try this!

Ingredients
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoons fine sea salt (or just use salted butter and omit this)
Chocolate, melted (for drizzling or dipping)

Directions
1. Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, coconut, melted butter, flour, vanilla, and salt.


3. Using a tablespoon measurer, scoop 6 balls of dough on each baking sheet (don't fill up the entire tablespoons because these suckers spread like no other). Lightly flatten the tops of the dough.
4. Cook until golden about 8-10 minutes (do not over bake or they will become crispy; I prefer mine softer). Let the cookies cool on the parchment paper.
5. Melt the chocolate (using a microwave or double broiler). Using a fork, drizzle the tops of the cookies with melted chocolate (or dip about half the cookie into the melted chocolate).
6. Freeze the cookies until the chocolate has set (about 5 minutes). Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest