Friday, July 29, 2011

Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken



I SERIOUSLY LOVE MY SLOW COOKER! I am not kidding when I say that I think it might be the best invention to date. Throw a few random things into it and hours later you have a delicious meal that took hardly any time at all!


This recipe is FANTASTIC! I kept eating and eating (not a good situation for me because I am trying to lose a few pounds lol). I am so pumped that I made some extra because I am going to have it for lunch tomorrow. Is it bad that I am already excited for tomorrow's lunch? haha


This recipe can be altered so easily. Use a different dry mix such as ranch or onion for a completely different taste. Do it with pork instead of chicken. The possibilities are endless.


Ingredients
4 chicken breasts (frozen or raw)
1 packet dry Italian dressing
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup (depending how cream cheesy you want it)



Directions
1. Place the chicken in a crockpot and sprinkle Italian dressing over it. 
2. Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small pot over low heat and pour over chicken. 
3. Cook on low for at least 4 hours. You can leave it in there all day. If you feel the sauce is too thick you can thin it to your preferred consistency with a little milk. Serve over pasta or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest