Sunday, August 21, 2011

Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue


So I know that I have been AWFUL at posting recipes lately. My husband just got a new job and we are moving from one side of the country to the other and my life has been consumed with work, a baby, a husband, and finding moving companies. Anyways, I have some serious catching up to do. I have still been baking and cooking but I have had no time to post anything :(. Oh and during this time, my computer battery finally went out after 3 years of use, so I had to get that fixed as well.

I just recently made this and it is SO good with some cole slaw on a burger. You could also eat it over rice and it would be great as well. I love these quick and easy meals that taste like you have spent a ton of time on them. YUM!

Ingredients
6 frozen skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Tri color cole slaw
Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
Salt
Buns

Directions
1. Combine the barbeque sauce, italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
2. Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker and top with the barbecue mixture.
3. Cover and cook 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
4. Combine the tri color cole slaw, mayonnaise or miracle whip, and salt to taste (some like it more saucy with extra mayonnaise or miracle whip, while others like it more dry).
5. Place the meat on the buns and top with cole slaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest