Saturday, July 16, 2011

Slow Cooker Chili


I cannot even begin to express my love for all things slow cookers! I absolutely love how I can throw everything into the crock pot in the morning and have a delicious meal at night! Tonight, I made this slow cooker chili that was so fantastic! It could not have been easier. Top it with a little cheese and sour cream and enjoy! SO SO tasty! Oh, and did I mention that it only has 188 calories per cup of chili? Delicious and low in calories! What more can I ask for?


Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef
4 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 to 5 teaspoons chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced (I don't like garlic so I didn't use this)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper


Directions
1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest