Saturday, July 16, 2011

Super Simple Sweet Corn Bread


Have you ever had the corn bread at sweet tomatoes? Or Z Tejas? I absolutely love both but I never make homemade corn bread. I don't want to buy cornmeal because I rarely use it and it will simply go to waste. I also do not have a cast iron skillet and this recipe does not require one. I doctored up a box of Jiffy cornbread mix. It was fantastic and made 15 muffins. Make some maple butter with butter, maple extract, and honey. I LOVE maple butter on corn bread!

Ingredients
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
1/4 cup dry cake mix (a little more if you want it even sweeter)
1 egg
1 can creamed corn
1 can corn, drained

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with liners. Set aside.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together and fill cupcake liners almost all the way full (these do not rise too much).
3. Bake for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest