Monday, September 19, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream

Sorry that I have not posted ANYTHING lately. I have been in the process of moving and finally am no longer living in a hotel. I can now cook and bake all that I want! :)
Naturally, I decided to make ice cream first. I saw peanut butter and jelly ice cream advertised and I had to make it! I used the peanut butter ice cream base from the Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Cups and added swirls of seedless jelly. You have got to try this. It literally tastes like you are eating the filling of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, only sweeter!
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 1/4 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup seedless jelly (homemade or store bought)

Directions
1. Make the base: In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Add milk and mix on low until sugar is dissolved- a full two minutes. You don't want to be tasting crunches of sugar in your ice cream, so give it a chance to dissolve. Mix in heavy cream and vanilla and beat until well combined and smooth.
2. Process the ice cream. Turn on your ice cream machine, pour the base in the freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened (about 25 minutes).
3. As you place the ice cream in the container that you are going to freeze your ice cream with, swirl the jelly. Place into the freezer to allow the ice cream to continue to harden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest