Friday, October 28, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Banana Bread

So I have decided to start a thing each week called 'Fotograph Friday.' Each Friday (cross my fingers that I actually remember), I am going to post a picture of my son. Maybe you could care less to see them, but you know how it is as a mom; you think your son is the cutest ever and have to share his pictures with everyone (and I have quite a few friends/family who check this blog from time to time). This weeks picture was from today in his new outfit. He is just over 5 months old. I hope you enjoy!





I have been obsessed with my banana bread recipe for years. I have no idea what made me try this new recipe, but I am not sorry that I did. It is so different from my other one but SO good. Between my husband and I, we ate a whole loaf in 3 days ... RIDICULOUS! That is a LOT of bread! Seriously, just give this new banana bread recipe a try. What do you have to lose?


Ingredients for the Bread
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup ripe banana, mashed (approximately 3 medium)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk + 1/2 tablespoon vinegar or 1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Ingredients for the Topping1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar

Directions

1. If making your own buttermilk put 1/2 tablespoon vinegar in 1/2 cup measuring cup and fill the rest of the way with milk, set aside.
2. Spray two loaf pans (8" x 4") with cooking spray or line two muffin pans with cupcake liners.
3. Cream together butter and sugar. Add in mashed banana, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined. 
4. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mixing the rest of the way by hand, add half of dry ingredients and mix and then half of the milk and mix. Do the same with the other half of dry and wet. Do not over mix!
5. Evenly divide batter into loaf pans or muffin tins.

6. Combine the 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar and sprinkle top of loafs or muffins generously with cinnamon sugar before baking.
7. Bake at 350F. For loaves bake for 50-55 minutes or muffins 25-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

3 comments:

  1. If players have put on the latest holiday fashion, they can also completely remodel their houses. Players can also buy New World Gold at IGGM.com to get a series of new house decorations to beautify their homes. For recent Christmas events, they also offer a 7% discount. Don't miss it!

    Attached link: https://www.iggm.com/new-world-coins

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest