Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Grandma's Hot Dish

Side note: If you have a minute, go to this link and like the page, then like my son, Cash's, picture (in the Chef outfit picture that I posted about a week ago). If he wins, we get a gift card to this boutique. There are not many applicants so we have a shot and are very hopeful.


Sorry for being M.I.A. all weekend. I have been baking and cooking up a storm. I attempted to make an apple bread and it was a BUST! Do you have a good apple bread recipe? I have made some great tasting things lately including this dish.

Growing up, my grandma would make this dish for my family. To this day, it is a constant request for her to make every time we go to her house. It is SO good. A definite comfort food. Who doesn't love a casserole? I will be the first to admit that they do not look appetizing, but boy do they taste good! You can even make this ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for a few days.

Ingredients
2.5 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
1/2 onion, diced
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup ketchup
2 cans corn, drained
Mashed potatoes (cooked and seasoned how you like them, I use cream and butter) to make a 2 inch layer

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine your browned beef, onion, tomato soup, and ketchup in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
3. Next, layer the dish with the two cans of corn. Top with the potatoes.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until heated through and bubbly on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest