Thursday, October 31, 2013
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies (Throwback Thursday)
I do not know what has gotten into me. Normally, I am not a fan of cookies, but I have always LOVED the dough. Lately, with the Turtle Cookies, Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies, and these Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies, I cannot stop eating these cookies!
This recipe has been brewing in my head for the past week and I am thrilled that I finally made it; they turned out AMAZING! A delicious pumpkin chocolate cookie, without the actual pumpkin!
PS. Tomorrow Halloween candy goes on sale, which means, you can give these a whirl for even cheaper starting tomorrow! Honestly, the best part about Halloween in my opinion, is when the candy goes on sale. Not so I can eat it (I prefer baked goods to candy), but so I can buy it for my husband's office for so much cheaper. Or use it in my cupcakes. Or for cupcake toppers.
12 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups flour
1 3/4 cups oatmeal
2-3 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cups chocolate chips
1/2 bag pumpkin spice kisses (found at target), quartered
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and eggs. Beat until everything is incorporated.
4. Mix in flour and oatmeal in until everything is fully incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and pumpkin spice cookies.
5. Scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly brown (center will not be set but continue to cook after being pulled from the oven). Let col five minutes on tray before serving.