Monday, November 4, 2013

Triple Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Bread (or Muffins)


Remember this pumpkin bread? It is literally my favorite! The BEST ever! So moist. So flavorful. Even people I know who do not like pumpkin, like this bread. Well, I never thought this bread could be better, but I took it to a whole new level. The cinnamon sugar topping on this cinnamon sugar banana bread is unbelievable! It will change your life. So, I figured, if it was so good on my banana bread, what's to say it would not be just as good on my pumpkin bread? And to tell you the truth, I won't eat any quick bread (like banana bread, apple bread, pumpkin bread, etc...) without it. I am not exaggerating when I say that the topping alone, as simple as it is, is LIFE CHANGING!!!!! If you get nothing else from this post, get this topping! Try it, use it, and never have quick bread without it again. And if that slight but powerful change wasn't enough, I threw some cinnamon chips in the mix as well. This bread is a triple threat bursting with moist flavor. This will definitely become part of your Halloween/Thanksgiving baking for years to come.

Ingredients
3 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
4 eggs
1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2/3 cup water
3/4 cup cinnamon chips
1 cup chocolate chips, if desired (I prefer it without)
Cinnamon and sugar mixture for topping (like the one in this cinnamon sugar banana bread)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until well incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the pumpkin and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Alternated adding the dry ingredients with the water. Mix until incorporated.
5. Pour into 3 large greased bread pans. Baked at 325 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin bread? I haven't tried it... I wonder how it would taste? Pumpkin sometimes have soar flavor I hope it doesn't have it. Thank you for sharing something new with us

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest