Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sour Cream Strawberry Ice Cream


I know what you are thinking ... disgusting! Sour cream ... ice cream ... how can this be good? Just trust me on this one. It is TDF! The sour cream gives it a nice creaminess, while letting the sugar sit in the strawberries gives the ice cream the perfect amount of sweetness. I know this is not a fall flavor and strawberries are basically out of season but I would recommend holding onto summer with this ice cream just like I did today! :)

If you need a good fall recipe, make these ... Ultimate Oatmeal Cookies, which I will be making tomorrow for my family that is coming into town.

Ingredients
1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

Directions
1. Place the sliced strawberries and sugar in a bowl. Stir until the sugar is mostly dissolved and let sit at room temperature for at least one hour; stir occasionally.
2. Pulse the strawberries mixture (including juices), sour cream, heavy cream, and lemon juice in a food processor until very few chunks remain.
3. Refrigerate mixture for at least one hour.
4. Freeze mixture in ice cream machine based on the manufacturers directions.

1 comment:

  1. You did the a great work writing and revealing the hidden beneficial features of website “Nice Post. It’s really a very good article. I noticed all your important points. Thanks"

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest