This was so different from anything we normally eat but SO good at the same time! I made a Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker and poured it on top. DELIC!
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
1 shallot, diced
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 cup low-fat or skim milk
1 12-ounce can fat-free evaporated milk
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1. Add chopped jalapenos and shallots to a food processor and pulse until very finely chopped (not pureed).
2. Place butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once sizzling, add the chopped jalapeno mixture, stirring to coat, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Once fragrant, whisk in flour and stir continuously to create a roux. Cook mixture for 1-2 minutes, then add the milks, reducing heat to medium-low.
4. Continue to stir continuously until mixture begins to thicken (about 6-8 minutes), adding in the parmesan cheese and reducing the heat even more.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Once the desired thickness is achieved, turn off the heat and pour over cooked chicken.