Sunday, January 29, 2012

Scotcheroos (Ol Henry Bars)


You might be wondering why these are called Ol Henry Bars. When I was in high school, Barb (a second mother to me) would make them for my basketball team all the time! We would all get SO excited about them and eat so many we would be sick! I kept thinking about how much I really was craving some of these bars lately; therefore, I decided to make some. OMG they were just as good as I remember! Seriously ... life changing :)!

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 cup white karo syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspooon vanilla
6 cups Rice Krispies (or Special K or anything similar)
1 bag milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 bag butterscotch chips

Directions
1. Place the Rice Krispies in a big bowl; set aside.
2. Bring the sugar and karo syrup to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. Add the peanut butter and vanilla; stir until blended and smooth.
4. Pour peanut butter mixture over Rice Krispies and mix well.
5. Press into a buttered 9x13 pan.
6. Melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together in the microwave or on the stove top until creamy. Spread over Rice Krispie mixture. Let cool then cut.


The picture above is not something that I made but seriously the best idea EVER (found here)! It is done with popcorn but you could easily do this with regular Scotcheroos and just dip them in the chocolate/butterscotch mixture. SO CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest