Sorry that I have been M.I.A. this week. My computer broke AGAIN! So I took it to Apple and they gave me a brand new battery and charger so I am back at 'um. Anyways, this is a picture of Cash playing with his favorite toy :)
3 bacon slices
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (4 ounce) diced green chiles
1 box chicken broth (about 4 cups)
2 cups peeled potatoes, diced
1 cup frozen corn
1 can (14 ounce) creamed corn
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for garnishing
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
Chopped scallions (for garnish)
1. Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and let drain on a piece of paper towel. Set aside.
2. To the bacon drippings, add chicken, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add diced green chilies and cook for an additional minute.
3. Add chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes (or until potatoes are almost tender). While boiling, combine milk and flour in a separate bowl. Stir until completely homogenous.
4. Add frozen corn and creamed corn to the soup mixture. Stir in the milk mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens (about 15 minutes).
5. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped scallions, cheese, and bacon.