Thursday, March 8, 2012

Choco-Toffee Caramel Bars


For "Foto Friday," I decided to post this picture of Cash without pants on. haha I am not sure why but I LOVE pictures of him in dress shirts and no pants. Weird, I know, but oh well. Disregard our hotel room and unmade bed (not a day goes by that I do not make my real bed, and I am proud of it!).



I am well aware this picture does not do this bar justice, but this was the only picture that I snapped. I ate them all before I could get another picture. These are so rich and delicious! Somewhat like these Killer Caramel Brownies but with white cake mix. HEAVEN! I also do not know why I keep posting so many caramel recipes. Everything that I have made lately has caramel in it. I just made turtle cheesecake (obviously with caramel again) and it was TDF! Post coming soon!


Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
30-35 caramels
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips (I used the Easter white chocolate chip M&M's to make it festive)
1/2 cup Heath toffee bits

Directions
1. Melt the butter, caramels, and sweetened condensed milk together in a saucepan. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
3. Combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs in a mixer.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and health toffee bits.
5. Press 3/4 of the batter in the bottom of the greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Let cool for about 15 minutes. Pour caramel mixture over baked cake mix. Drop the remaining cake mix evenly over the caramel. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Let cool for about 2 hours before cutting so the caramel sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest