These are SO good! I don't even need to say anything other than that! They are DELISH!
12 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup chocolate chips
10 ounces caramel candy squares, unwrapped
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Pecans, chopped (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and egg. Continue to beat until everything is incorporated.
4. Mix in the flour until everything is fully incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Press half of the dough into a greased 8x8 baking sheet.
6. Melt the caramel candy and heavy whipping cream in the microwave until smooth and creamy. Pour over the top of the dough in the 8x8 pan (I used homemade caramel sauce but either will work). Sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired.
7. Drop the remaining cooke dough in spoonfuls over the caramel and gently spread the dough with a spatula until the caramel is covered.
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until cookie dough is cooked. Allow to cool at room temperature; then place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes before cutting (this will help the caramel layer set). Store at room temperature.