Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Slow Cooker Salsa Chili

So this will be my last post until next week. My husband's team made it to the NCAA tournament!!! SO EXCITING! You can watch the game on ESPN2 on Saturday at 6:30pm ET. We are playing the defending national champions; clearly, it will be a good game! :)


This chili reminds me of the chili that I used to get in the lodge whenever I would go snowboarding. I can't think of anything else I would rather have while boarding. Topped with cheese and sour cream ... YUM! Brings back such fabulous memories. And who doesn't love using the slow cooker? Super fast, super easy, and super tasty.

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2 cups salsa
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
Shredded cheese and sour cream if desired, for garnish

Directions
1. Cook the beef and onion with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally until the beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
2. Mix the beef mixture with the remaining ingredients, except garnish.
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Top with cheese and sour cream, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest