Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Better than Sex Chex Mix



I saw this on a blog a while back and KNEW that I had to make it immediately! I finally made it and I was NOT disappointed. Seriously .... SO GOOD! It is like caramel corn on steroids. HEAVEN! Make this for your next party! DELICIOUS!


Ingredients
8 cups Chocolate Chex cereal (If you can't find them like me, I used 6 cups Rice Chex Cereal and 2 cups Cocoa Krispies
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. Light Corn Syrup
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup MINI Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup caramel bits
1 Tbsp. heavy cream
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (more if you would like) (I used chocolate appeals)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (I used white chocolate appeals)
1 tsp. coarse sea salt, if desired


Directions
1. Pour measured cereal into a large microwaveable bowl.
2. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
3. In 2-cup microwaveable measuring up, microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth.  Stir in baking soda until dissolved. 
4. Pour caramel mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.  Microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into bite-sized pieces.
5. Make sure Chex mixture is cool to the touch (so candy doesn't melt). Evenly sprinkle mini peanut butter cups candy and mini marshmallows over the Chex mixture.
6. In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave caramel baking bits and cream uncovered on high for 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Use a spoon or fork to drizzle over Chex mixture. Repeat with milk chocolate baking chips and again with the white baking chips. Quickly sprinkly coarse ssalt over all the chex mixture while candy drizzles are still wet, if desired.
7. Refrigerate until set. Break apart and store in tightly covered container.

4 comments:

  1. This looks so amazing! You have some wonderful recipes here! =)

    Check out my $50 Shabby Apple Gift card GIVEAWAY!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie. I am glad you like the recipes. They are some of my favorites .... and this Chex was insanely good!

      Delete
  2. This looks pretty dang tasty...I'd love to sub in Heath bits for the Reeses!

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    Enter my Shabby Apple GIVEAWAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that would be fantastic Cambria. I love health bits. Fab idea!

      Delete

Pinterest